Sunday, August 7, 2005

Daily Journal

Sunday, August 7, 2005

Today I woke up extra early (around 4:30) and did some quiet reading as the morning was arriving outside. As I sat in the rocker and read, the fan was softly humming and the early birds were starting their songs in the trees. As usual, it was a good time to read, and to think. By the time 6:00 rolled around and my coffee was brewing, I felt like I was thoroughly ready for the surprises of the coming day.

I rode out to the beach around 9:00, fully intending to do just a casual, easy ride. However, as often happens, once I got on the bike and felt the cool breeze sort of pushing me along, I gradually speeded up, until, before a mile or so, I was fairly flying along the roads. It’s hard to resist the call of speed when you’re heading for the sea on beautiful roads along a silver river.

I made a wonderful discovery today. For three years, I have had a comfortable ottoman placed directly in front of a big chair in the living room, but actually, Matt and I rarely ever use it. So yesterday I pushed it over near the TV so we could stretch our legs occasionally as we’re watching the Red Sox. It looks perfect there, and it was wonderful to lean back, put my feet up, and enjoy the Sox’ 11-7 victory over the Twins.

No comments:

Post a Comment