Sunday, August 14, 2005

Journal: 8/14/05

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Today I continued with my reading of both Little Dorrit and Shakespeare’s The Winter’s Tale. I’m enjoying both immensely. In fact, as I was reading today, I was reminded that these great authors are people I could easily spend the rest of my reading life with. They both put beautiful music into their words (which is probably what I love best about the excellent writing), but their writings are also overflowing with wisdom. On nearly every page there are truths a person could use as lights to guide his way.

I rode out to the beach again to visit with Jan and Annie. We all remarked how fortunate we are to live so close to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. It takes me 15 minutes to pedal out to our favorite beach, where I can enjoy the lovely views and refresh myself with a swim in the cooling surf.

I finished watching the old Academy Award winner, “Marty”. The acting was absolutely superb, especially Ernest Borgnine. It was refreshing to watch a film that relied more on storyline and acting than on special effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment