Friday, September 9, 2005

Journal: 9/09/05

The weather warmed up again yesterday. I guess it must have been in the 80s in the afternoon when I was sitting with my students in English class. I didn’t mind, though. I was too preoccupied with the joy I was feeling as I went about, once again, the privileged task of being a teacher of children.

I’ve been keeping up with my exercise, though it’s not been easy. I’m experimenting with a new schedule, trying to do my workouts after school instead of before, but I’m finding that I’m usually in an indolent mood after a full day of toil in the classroom. Yesterday I could barely push myself to the gym at 6:00 when I finally got home from school. I did it, though – 30 tough minutes on the hated stairmaster. I was soaked with perspiration when I finished.

Each morning, I experience a profitable start to my day. I arise at 3:30, shave and shower, and then enjoy almost three hours of quiet reading and writing. My whole world seems silent and peaceful. Usually the only sounds are the humming of the fan and an occasional car passing outside in the stillness of the early morning darkness.

1 comment:

  1. you know, Hamlet isn't just a village, its a kickass play as well.

    ReplyDelete