Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Journal: 9/13/05

Yesterday I had a wonderful day of teaching. I worked through my lessons slowly and thoroughly, stopping every so often to give the students the benefit of some silent thinking time, to be sure they were not overly confused. I wasn’t rushed at all. I felt the lessons unfolding in a natural manner, sort of the way the weather of a day unfolds – inexorably and at its own perfect pace.

Speaking of the weather, it stayed just as lovely yesterday as it’s been for the past many days. I even took my class outside for a period in the afternoon. We sat on the grass as the refreshing winds swirled around us, and I read part of a story to the students. There we were in paradise – at a one-in-a-million school on a fine September day of sunshine and peaceable breezes.

No comments:

Post a Comment