Saturday, September 17, 2005

Journal: 9/17/05

Yesterday was sultry and steamy, with periods of soaking rain from morning through afternoon. The students and I perspired through my classes. It was a good day of teaching and learning, though, mostly because these kids are kind, sincere, and anxious to show that they are excellent learners.

A wonderful thing happened yesterday afternoon. I picked up Matt at his school and we drove to the car repair shop to get his car. While waiting there, my car decided it didn’t want to start anymore. When I turned the key, all I heard was a snapping and whispering sound under the hood. What was wonderful about this was that I just happened to be in the parking lot of a fine and friendly mechanic. He came out with a smile, took a look, made a diagnosis, and said he could fix it tomorrow. I left it with him and drove home with Matt, thankful that the car broke down precisely where it did, rather than sixty miles away. It proved once again something I’ve known for many years – that this world is very good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment