Monday, September 26, 2005

Journal: 9/26/05

This weekend was, as usual, fairly relaxing for me. (I’m so lucky in that way. Millions of people struggle all during the week, and then continue to struggle, in different ways, on Saturday and Sunday. For them, life must seem to be a thing of constant and unfulfilling toil. For me, at this point, life is pretty much a dance, or the floating of a laid-back river, or the soaring aloft of a peaceful balloon.) I worked over at school for several hours on both Saturday and Sunday, but, as usual, it was an inspired, refreshing kind of work – the kind that rejuvenates rather than exhausts. I put together what looks like a good set of lessons for next week, and also graded many essays in a careful manner. All the while, the music of Mozart or Haydn was playing in the background, just loud enough to lend an atmosphere of harmony to my work. I also spent some time with good friends at several parties. I didn’t stay long (home by 9:30 both nights), but long enough to appreciate the happiness that comes from knowing good people. The homes where the parties were held were lovely places, which only increased the sense of ease and leisureliness I felt throughout this last weekend of September.

No comments:

Post a Comment