Sunday, November 20, 2005

Journal: 11/20/05

Yesterday there was frost all around in the early morning. For the first time this year, I had to start the car and then go inside and wait for the windows to defrost. The car was warm and snug as I drove to school to do my usual Saturday work.
Around noon, I came home, bundled up in layers of shirts, and hiked up and down the steps in the park about 20 times. It was a lovely autumn day, and each time I reached the top of the steps, I got a wonderful view of the almost stripped trees and a few still-shining golden ones spread out below me in the park. I worked hard on the steps, and was exhausted and gasping after about 30 minutes.
I watched Notre Dame successfully handle Syracuse in the afternoon. That has to be one of my all-time favorite pastimes – relaxing in a comfy chair and doing a
little paper work while watching a college football game. I am a very fortunate person.

No comments:

Post a Comment