Saturday, November 26, 2005

Journal: 11/26/05

Yesterday there seemed to be a brightness shining through all the hours. I noticed it first as I was driving up to visit Luke, Krissy, and Kaylee. The sunlight was soft and uniform across the landscape, which gave everything a quiet shine. Even the roads, with their streaks of white salt and gray pavement, seemed especially bright. At Luke and Krissy’s, I spent a few hours helping Luke paint Kaylee’s bedroom a soft blue color. There is only one small window in the room, but I thought the paint still seemed unusually vivid. As I glanced at the walls occasionally, they seemed to almost radiate with an inner luster. Later, when I was relaxing at home, I lit a few candles as darkness came on. It’s astonishing what that can do toward bringing brightness to an early winter nightfall. Two glowing candle flames seemed to transform my little apartment into a warm and cheery place where life is lived at its best – which is the way my life seems to be lived nearly always.

No comments:

Post a Comment