Monday, February 27, 2006

Journal: Monday, February 27, 2006

Paradoxically, I had a restful, laborious weekend. On Saturday morning, I went to school early and graded seventeen 9th grade essays -- a completely pleasurable process on this occasion. The writing was good – occasionally brilliant – and I listened to some tranquil classical music as I worked. I felt utterly peaceful as I went through essay after essay. The students’ graceful, intelligent writing was as easy to read as sipping hot coffee (which I did off and on as I worked). On Sunday morning, I went back to school, this time to get my lessons organized for the coming week. Again, I worked hard and accomplished much, but it was an easy, painless kind of work. The music was soft and pleasing, and so were the jobs I was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment