Thursday, February 9, 2006

Meditation: "On Being a Success -- Each Moment"

I had a wonderful time yesterday thinking about the truth that I am actually a huge success at each moment of my life. I can’t help but be a success, because each moment I am doing precisely what I should and must be doing. I am part of the infinite universe, and as such, I am playing the exact role that I should and must play each moment. Because the universe is humming along in its perfectly syncrhonized way, so am I. If I am simply walking down the hallway at school, I am doing it in a totally successful manner. At that moment, I am a perfect walker. If I am driving my car down Route 1, I am driving it with utter success. Right at that moment, I could not be living more perfectly. Even if I’m in the midst of making what seems to be a mistake, like interrupting someone at a meeting, the fact is that my "mistake" is actually part of the harmonious movement of the universe, and thus you could say I made the mistake in as perfect a way as possible. That doesn’t mean that I am glad I made the mistake, or that I don’t care if I make it again. On the contrary – by accepting the complete “success” of my mistake, I will be better able to see its negative results. I also will be better able to quietly decide to do things differently next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment