Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Journal: March 8, 2006

I’m pulling my plans together for my trip to England this summer. I am very excited about the prospects of spending five days in the village of Haworth, the home of the Bronte family, and the subsequent seven-day walking tour in the Lake District should be a very rewarding experience. Sometimes I question myself: Is this really true? Am I actually going to be doing this dream-come-true trip, all expenses paid? Lately, I’ve been thinking mostly about my stay at the Old White Lion Hotel in Haworth. It apparently is an elegant, old-world establishment, with stately rooms overlooking the moors. I am picturing myself reading Wuthering Heights in my room, occasionally glancing out at the forbidding but beautiful landscape that Emily Bronte loved so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment