Monday, March 6, 2006

Journal: Monday, March 6, 2006

We had a lovely birthday brunch for my sons, Luke and Jaimie, yesterday. Jaimie’s wife, Jessy, and my grandson, Noah, hosted it in the cozy house in the forest, and a pleasant time was had by all. A comforting fire in the living room warmed us as we ate and talked, and the snow-covered landscape outside shined in on us with its wintry brightness. Luke and Krissy were with us from Millbury, and we all partook of their special happiness as they anticipate the arrival of their son in June. Of course, all activities and attention swirled around the wee lad of 2 ½ years. Noah charmed us from the start with his gentleness and joy. He couldn’t seem to stop showing his affection for everyone, either with hugs or just quiet, seraphic smiles. At times, I simply sat back and took it all in with gratitude. I felt utterly satisfied, in the old sense of the word: filled up full with contentment. I knew how fortunate I was to be part of such a flourishing family.

No comments:

Post a Comment