Tuesday, May 9, 2006

Journal: Tuesday, May 9, 2006

I spent a few wonderful hours on Saturday with three of my favorite “boys” – my oldest sons, Luke and Jaimie, and my grandson, Noah. We all met at Jaimie’s house, ostensibly to help Jaimie and Jess install some lights in their kitchen, but we really gathered just to get together and enjoy each other’s companionship for a few hours. Luke did, in fact, get one light installed while we were there, but, more importantly, we all had some fine conservation and many healthy laughs. At the end of the visit, the light shone brightly, and so did our friendship. As usual, Noah led the way in building friendships. He smiled nearly the entire time, just happy, I guess, to be hanging around with his favorite friends. He shared his toys, his books, his tools (like his “fwudriver”), and his smiles. I count my blessings each and every day, and never more so than when I’m with my family. This entire universe is one vast family, and yet many people feel virtually family-less and friendless day after day. How fortunate I am to be able to drive for an hour or so to Jaimie and Jess’s little house in the forest and feel surrounded, there, by the joys of family life!

No comments:

Post a Comment