Sunday, December 31, 2006

Yesterday could serve as a “model” day for me – one that seemed flawless from start to finish. It started with a vigorous workout at the gym, followed by a breakfast that was absolutely perfect: one toasted bagel with homemade raspberry jam and fresh, appetizing coffee. I felt surprisingly strong as I pumped the bike at the gym, and I’m not sure I’ve ever had a tastier breakfast. As I sipped the last drops of coffee, I felt like the day was off to an ideal start. Later in the morning, I drove with Annie up to Jaimie’s house to drop off his car, and then we had a drive home together that somehow seemed just right. The car hummed effortlessly, we talked with love and sincerity, and the hour passed gracefully by. I felt fortunate to spend these excellent minutes with such an admirable young person. The rest of the day was just the thing for me – many faultless hours watching football games, reading, writing letters, and just letting one fine though after another come to me unbidden. That perhaps sounds supremely dull to some people, but to me it’s a superlative way to spend a Saturday. All was right with my world during those pleasant hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment