Monday, March 31, 2008


ONE YEAR WITH AN ENGLISH TEACHER

Day 118, March 31, 2008

Today, the first day back from vacation, I thought I was ready to be a good teacher. I thought, after two long, lazy weeks, that I was prepared to be an observant and mindful teacher, someone who could notice small details about his students, stay aware of the overall plan of the lesson, and keep track of things he was learning during the class. You would think two indolent, refreshing weeks would make it relatively easy for a person to be this kind of teacher. Well, think again, because I was not a quality teacher today. I had good lessons planned for the students, but for some peculiar reason I sort of drifted through the classes, following the lessons in little more than a mechanical manner.

Why does this happen??? What do I need to do to be a totally attentive and heedful teacher, each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment