Thursday, December 5, 2013

BRAKING PERFECTLY

     Driving home from the gym this morning, I applied the brakes at a stoplight, and, for some reason, it seemed like I did it perfectly. It felt like I couldn’t have braked any better, like I was a first-class user of brakes. I felt like a prizewinner among drivers, a champion of the brake pedal. A few minutes later, I saw a tree limb shake in a wind, and it appeared to shake in a superb way. The shaking somehow had an appearance of refinement and finesse. It seemed like the crème de la crème of branch shakings.  Then, a few blocks down the road, I made a wrong turn, but – you guessed it – the thought came to me that I made that mistake in a flawless manner. I goofed, but in a great and perfect way. It was a blunder, but it seemed to be a beautiful one.
     Turning into our driveway, I wondered: Is perfection
everywhere, if we look carefully enough?


No comments:

Post a Comment