Monday, April 14, 2014

A LUCKY HEIR

In terms of dollars, I sure don’t have money to burn, but in terms of real riches, I am a wealthy man. I am actually an heir – a beneficiary of a boundless and inexhaustible fortune. I have access, 24/7, to resources that can keep my life continually healthy and happy. These funds are not dollars, not coins or cash or any kind of material currency. No, my wealth is the wealth that all of us share – the wealth of limitless inner qualities. All of us – though we sometimes fail to see it – have a treasure chest inside us that’s spilling over with qualities like caring and calmness and quietness and patience. We can withdraw them at any time, and amazingly, the account instantly refills with more than we withdraw. We amass more kindness the more we spend, and patience produces more patience the more we practice it. This is the simple good fortune of being alive. All of us, aware of it or not, are lucky in this wonderful way. We are all the fortunate heirs of a vast inner fortune that lasts forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment