Wednesday, July 16, 2014

SUNRISES INSIDE

"Summer Sunrise", oil,
by L. C. Neill

I’ve changed my mind a million times, and lately I’ve come to see those changes as sort of like sunrises inside me. Each change was not just a change of thought, but more like a switch in minds, as if I replaced one mind with another, as if changing my mind brought a whole new morning of thoughts to my life. And actually, doesn’t each new thought start a fresh flow of other thoughts in our minds? Thoughts can work wonders the way sunrises start new days. A thought is not a material thing we can hold in our hands, but more like light that illuminates, for a moment, not just our minds but our lives. It’s almost like our minds become brand new when a new thought rises like daybreak inside us.

No comments:

Post a Comment