Saturday, January 10, 2015

TODAY NEEDS ME

        Most of us probably have days when we feel somewhat superfluous, like we’re just an unnecessary speck in an immeasurable universe, but fortunately for me, I usually wake up from that misunderstanding fairly fast, and see again, with a smile, that today needs me. I see again these simple but striking truths – that the universe is endlessly harmonious, that I am an essential part of that harmony,  and that whatever I do today will be a soft but continuously influential force. l am needed today. The oxygen atoms I send out from my lungs will he used again and again in countless ways by the universe. Every step I take will move limitless molecules around, and thus move the universe. My smiles might bring blessings to careworn lives. A word of thanks might throw a streak of light across someone on this day – a day that’s very special, like all of them, and a day that definitely needs me.

No comments:

Post a Comment