Sunday, March 1, 2015

DOES A BREEZE EVER HAVE A PROBLEM?

"Marsh Breeze", oil,
by Laurel Daniel
     Sometimes, when some problem seems to be standing in my way, it helps me if breezes are blowing outside. Then, I either sit by a window and watch the breezes swaying the trees, or, better still, I walk outside, and soon a question comes to me: Does a breeze ever have a problem? A breeze blows freely and flexibly, flowing easily past trees and homes and cars and hills. If a breeze bumps up against an obstacle – what I might call a “problem” – it simply slides around or over or under it and continues on its easy way. You might say whatever situation a breeze faces is tailor-made for it, because it will always bypass it with style and effortlessness, and soon press on with its graceful cruise across the land. I guess the ease and smoothness of breezes brings home their best lessons to me. “Just loosen up, Ham”, they seem to say. “Be like a breeze. Go around, over, or under, and the problems will suddenly become opportunities for elegance and artistry. Just loosen up.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment