Wednesday, March 18, 2015

HAM’S CASTLE

"Blarney Castle, Ireland",
oil by Hall Groat II
     Sometimes I think I need to get a larger outlook on life, since I don’t seem to have room enough to receive all the gifts I get each day. Perhaps I need to see my life as a vast castle that can easily hold the endless gifts I’m given each day, gifts like the sunlight that’s always somehow with us, the eyesight that allows me to look at the light shining on melting snow, the wind that whips up new weather second by second, and the full-of-life thoughts that arise inside me by the tens of thousands each day. Perhaps my life should be called “Ham’s Castle”, a palace with no walls and no doors, a mansion that widens whenever it needs to and welcomes the crowds of gifts that constantly surround it, clamoring for entrance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment