Saturday, April 25, 2015

BEING ABLE



"First Day of Spring",
watercolor,
Kay Smith
     I’m lucky I’m able to do so much. Truly, it’s an out-and-out miracle that I am able to bring in a new breath each moment, able to see so many daffodils standing in the sunshine this morning, 
able to tap out these words on a keyboard. Just now I am chewing and swallowing animal crackers, a quietly miraculous process that I’m somehow able to do. And able-ness is all around me here in Mystic. It’s in the trees so able to stand tall and sway stylishly year after year, in the birds able to effortlessly fly to wherever food can be found, in the sunshine somehow able to bring itself back to us each morning, and in my old but wise and clever hands that are able to easily carry cookies to my mouth again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment