Saturday, August 15, 2015

MY DOMINION

          I live with my wife in a small house on a small lot in a small town, but sometimes it becomes clear to me that my true home – my dominion, you might say – is far larger than that. The word “dominion” stems from the Latin word domus, meaning “home”, and my real home is a vast one, stretching from the most distant stars to the deepest depths of the ocean. The truth is that, like all of us, I am an inseparable and essential part of a measureless universe.  My home is not Mystic, but the cosmos itself, a cosmos where all things, from new-born babies to massive spans of mountains, are of equal importance. We all share dominion in this dominion of ours, this universe that knows no end to its territories and provinces.  From infinitesimal insects, to trees in forests, to presidents, to poor wanderers -- we’re all kings and queens forever and everywhere -- if only we knew it. This morning, lucky for me, I’m knowing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment