Saturday, August 13, 2005

Journal: 8/13/05


Today I drove up to visit with Luke. Krissy was visiting with a friend, so we went by ourselves to their little favorite cafe, called Puffins. It was humming with business, as usual, but we found a small table and a helpful waitress, and soon we were enjoying a bountiful breakfast. Luke looked healthy and happy, and it was wonderful to talk together about many topics. After the meal, we drove past the house they have purchased -- a lovely home on a quiet, neighborly street. I'm not sure who was happier to see the cozy little house, Luke or me.

Later I drove over to see Matt's display of paintings for the annual Mystic Art Fair. The village was packed with people, but Matt was fortunate to have a perfect place from which to offer his paintings to the visitors -- under a shady maple in his mom's front yard. (See picture, above.) I immediately purchased two beautiful prints, one of which is already framed and hanging in my apartment. I'm a lucky art dealer!

I rode out to the beach around five to hang out with Jan, Annie, and Matt. The shore was especially beautiful at the end of this sweltering summer day -- a soft haze over the water, the great Watch Hill homes rising in the misty distance, the surf splashing in over the shouting swimmers.

No comments:

Post a Comment