Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Journal: 8/17/05



August 17, 2005

This morning I rode out to the beach around seven, and for some reason it was an unusually difficult ride. I struggled and fought and dug down deep to move my bike up even the littlest hills. It was plain hard work for me. However, as usual, there was beauty in the surroundings that more than offset my physical labors. The early sunlight made everything glow more intensely, including the many flowers I passed along the way. (See picture above.)

The weather was idyllic all day long. Temperatures reached into the 80’s, but there was a transparency and dryness in the air which made it completely comfortable. Matt went out to the beach for his almost daily swim, and I took several walks, read outside in the park, and washed my kayak in the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment