Thursday, August 25, 2005

Journal: 8/25/05

Journal
August 25, 2005

On Tuesday evening, I joined Mike, Neil, Chris (a friend of Neil’s), Lizzie, and Nancy for a birthday dinner for Neil at a place called Blueberry Hill on Delmar. It was a young-looking, festive place, with lots of roominess, merrily decorated walls, and excellent food. Surprisingly for a place that obviously caters to the young at heart, the acoustics were excellent, which it made easy to have great conversations. It was a ninety minute celebration of friendship.

Yesterday I had a delightful flight home; the three hours in the air disappeared like thirty minutes. We rose above the clouds quickly and I saw only blue and silver sky around me as we flew along. It was great to get home to Matty and the cozy, cool apartment.

Today I finished watching the old Academy Award winner, “An American in Paris”. I absolutely loved the sets and the dancing, and a tear came to my eye at the poignant ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment