Monday, November 14, 2005

Journal: 11/14/05

I enjoyed a very relaxing weekend. On Saturday, I worked at school for a few hours, as I usually do. Occasionally I sensed a passing feeling of guilt – a feeling that I should be out doing some “fun” activity like most other guys are doing on a weekend morning. However, those feelings disappeared fairly quickly when I remembered that working in my classroom is fun for me – a huge amount of fun, in fact. I also spent some relaxing moments at the park this weekend, as I’ve often been doing lately. The trees are especially majestic at this time of year, with their leaves mostly gone and their undressed branches poised proudly in the air for all to see. At one point, I sat on the bench by the pond and simply took in, for a few minutes, the calm magnificence of a huge old oak on a hillside. Then, yesterday morning, I felt thoroughly calm (and magnificent, come to think of it) as I visited with Jimmy, Jess, and Noah. The little fellow was in his usual happy, cordial mood, and our time together was peaceful and satisfying. Even the long drive back to Westerly was a pleasure, passing the undisturbed fields and woods in their autumn beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment