Saturday, January 18, 2014

GLAD ALL MY DAYS


"Morning Train", oil,
by Laurel Daniel
 Riding home from the city on the train with Delycia, returning from seeing an opera at Lincoln Center, I’m thinking I should be glad all my days – not glad because great things are always happening (because they’re not), but glad for the gifts found, somehow and some way, in each moment. When I feel my life leading me from one problem to another, I can at least be glad for the gift of the problems, since problems can shine out like useful lights. In the midst of sorrow, I can at least be glad that a good breath of air is brought to my lungs each moment, and that a new morning always follows night. When a day seems more dark than light, I can at least be glad that I have eyes that can see both the darkness and the little but beautiful light.

No comments:

Post a Comment