Saturday, February 22, 2014

LIKE THE SOUND OF SHOUTS

     
"Colorado Stream", oil,
by Delilah Smith
Sometimes the smallest thought can seem like a high-spirited shout. Just the thought, for instance, that this morning I have somehow come to be sitting in a sunny room in a happy home on a pleasant street on a gracefully spinning planet – just that single thought can start something like applause in my mind. Or the thought that my heart smoothly pulsates perhaps 86,000 times every 24 hours, or that my mind welcomes maybe 50,000 different thoughts each day, or that every second of my life is as spanking-new as a sunrise – these are thoughts that, when I consider them carefully, can seem as strong in my mind as winds sweeping through forests. Even the oddest thoughts, like the thought that any present moment can make me as strong as a mountain stream, can shout inside me in a startling way.      


        

No comments:

Post a Comment