Friday, May 22, 2015

INSTANT TREASURE

   I’ve known for a long time that I can’t immediately have all the things I want, but I also know that I, and all of us, can instantly have, almost at the snap of our fingers, the really important things. Take kindness, for instance. All we have to do is truly want to be kind, and presto, kindness is there inside us like a breeze filling us full of its helpful spirit. Of course, we have to accept it and be willing to work with its powers, but kindness is always there for us, ready, right now, to show its invincible spirit to the world. And patience -- it, too, has all its gentle forces stored inside us, ready to be released to do its soft work on our behalf. We can have patience immediately, instantaneously, as much as we need, always, without end. Of course, we can deny this. We can say other people might have patience and kindness, but not me – and then we’re simply shutting the door on a fortune. It’s like standing beside bags of gold and refusing to see them.       

No comments:

Post a Comment