Tuesday, May 5, 2015

NO PROBLEM

      I sometimes think I could make good use of the currently popular phrase “no problem”. I’ve had countless problems in my life, problems that seemed to involve all sorts of material difficulties, but whenever I carefully look back at them, it’s clear that the “problem” part of them actually existed only in my thoughts. Yes, I’ve experienced many unforeseen situations that I didn’t understand and hoped could be altered, but this, in itself, does not mean they were problems. A problem, by definition, is a situation that a person believes needs to be fought and overcome, and that belief, of course, comes solely from the person’s thoughts. If I decide that a situation is my enemy and needs to be defeated, my decision creates the “problem”. So, in a sense, I could always say “no problem”, because there never are problems “out there” – just situations that need to be accepted, examined, and somehow worked with. By waging war against situations in my life, I create problems; by welcoming all situations, including so-called “bad” ones, I create open space for myself, and a chance to settle down and let the situations teach me their valuable lessons.           

No comments:

Post a Comment