Friday, August 21, 2015

GETTING WISDOM


 I’ve occasionally said to my wife, “I’m going out to get some groceries”, or “I’m going out to get the car fixed”, but I’m sure I’ve never said, “Honey, I’m going out to get some wisdom” – and yet it’s what I need the most. I devote hours and days to getting all kinds of stuff – exercise, food, money, store products, friends – but very little time getting the kind of deep understanding that brings real light to a life. I’m prompt about getting prescriptions filled, but not especially swift in getting insights about how to live with poise and light-heartedness. I’m good at getting to the Y most days for a workout, but getting wisdom about why the world sometimes seems to be in a senseless mess is another matter. I guess my priorities need repositioning. I guess getting wisdom should be right at the top, instead of down below with getting a Snickers and getting to bed at nine.    

No comments:

Post a Comment