Wednesday, August 19, 2015

HONOR AND BRIGHTNESS


       I’ve known some people who seemed to think their lives were shameful and of no use to anyone, when all I could see radiating out from them was honor and brightness. To me, they were first-class human beings who seemed to shine the light of sincere kindness wherever they were, but they seemed to see nothing but disgrace and shadows inside themselves. When I was with them, I felt lit up by their loving interest in others, by their gentleness, and by the welcoming openness of their lives, but about themselves they seemed to feel only meagerness and embarrassment. I wanted to shake them and say, “Don’t you see the light of love you shine on everyone! Don’t you know how wonderful you are!” Somehow, the brightness they brought to others, and the honor of their own lives – honor which helped others feel honorable as well – they never noticed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment