Tuesday, September 6, 2005

Journal: 9/06/05

Yesterday’s weather was of the unbelievable variety. I can’t recall a more glorious Labor Day – perfectly clear air, cool temperatures, and skies as blue as some eyes I’ve seen. I felt inspired by the beautiful weather all day long. I didn’t do anything especially exciting (we had our big picnic on Saturday), but still I felt like a young prince in the fresh breezes and under the stunning sky. I was outside off and on in the morning, but after lunch I spent a few hours sitting quietly in my living room, just idly watching the Red Sox game and thinking happily about the first day of school tomorrow. All sorts of peaceful thoughts floated through my mind, and I just let them float, sort of like the weather was doing outside. The Sox lost the game, but who could care on such a dazzling day? Later, I took a bike ride on the hills near my house. I toiled up the long, steep grades in utter happiness. Yes, it was hard work, and yes, my heart felt like it was set to explode, but who could seriously complain on a day sent from heaven?

No comments:

Post a Comment